SIOUX FALLS, SD – December 11, 2018 – Great Western Bank has announced additional organizations across South Dakota to receive funding under its Making Life Great grants program. These five non-profit organizations will receive grant money to help with a variety of challenges including financial education, affordable housing, workforce development and economic stability.
“It is our privilege to support the many worthwhile efforts in our communities,” said President and Chief Operating Officer Doug Bass. “Our goal with community funding is to cultivate lasting relationships and to give back to our communities in ways that directly align with our mission to Make Life Great.”
Major recipients include:
- Abbott House to provide housing for homeless youth in Rapid City, SD.
- Boys and Girls Club of the Sioux Empire to assist with programming and financial literacy efforts in Sioux Falls, SD.
- Feeding South Dakota to help feed those in need in the Rapid City, SD area.
- Black Hills Habitat for Humanity to provide affordable housing for a family in need in the Rapid City, SD market.
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sioux Falls to provide building materials for affordable housing in Sioux Falls, SD.
In fiscal year 2018, Great Western Bank donated more than $2 million in total donations and sponsorships to community groups across its nine-state footprint. To learn more about Great Western Bank’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit our website at https://www.greatwesternbank.com/about-us/community/.
About Great Western Bank
Great Western Bank is a full-service regional bank focused on relationship-based business and agribusiness banking. Great Western Bank services its customers through more than 170 branches in nine states: Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota. Great Western Bank offers small and mid-sized businesses a focused suite of financial products and a range of deposit and loan products to retail customers through several channels, including the branch network, online banking system, mobile banking applications and customer care centers. Great Western Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Great Western Bancorp, Inc. (NYSE: GWB). To learn more visit www.greatwesternbank.com.