At Abbott House we serve 60-90 girls each year, 74 in FY18, with ages ranging from 7 – 17. Thirty-five of these children were newly enrolled in FY18.
Gender: 100% of the children served this year were Female.
Occupancy for FY18 = 96%
- 95% of Abbott House’s Clients parents/workers would recommend AH to others.
- Parents/workers state that their girls are still reaping the benefits of their treatment up to 6 months after being dismissed from Treatment.
- 100% of the girls that successfully complete their program at Abbott House improve academically from the time they come to AH to the time they are dismissed.
- In nine to twelve months, girls improved 60% on their Interpersonal Distress (Depression) scores. Girls also improved 67% on their Mood Disorder scores.
- 88% of Abbott House girls are dismissed positively (going back to their families or with a family).
Bridges Therapeutic Foster Care Program
Abbott House provides a safe place for children who complete treatment and have no other place to go. There were 55 youth served in FY 18. Occupancy for FY18 = 87%
Abbott House provides 4 apartments and independent living support services for South Dakota boys and girls. There were 10 girls served in FY 18.